Abs Exercise for Women
Who doesn’t love to have slim and flat Abs but achieving it a real task for women because of their pelvis and longer waist. Apart from 6 pack Abs, a strong core is something very important to achieve and the best Ab exercises for women are the best for this.
The best Ab exercises for women strengthen your abdominal muscles which include your rectus abdomens, internal oblique, external oblique, and transversus abdominis. The best Ab workouts for women help you to improve your performance in certain sports, back pain, and bear the abdominal impacts. Your abdomen is a supporter for maintaining posture, sneezing, coughing, breathing, and speech. Now you can understand how important it is to have a strong abdomen.
As nothing can be achieved overnight, so as the strong core. Here we will talk about the 5 best Ab exercises for women to get a stronger core.
Benefits of Ab Exercises for Women
A simple belly fat toning, abdominal muscle strengthening, and a strong core can help women to stay away from many health risks associated with them. Let’s have a look at what wonders the best Ab workouts for women can do in their lives.
Say Bye-Bye to lower Back Pain
As a woman, you can understand this because most women are struggling with lower back pain every day. Our body is structured in such a way that the abdomen muscles are supporting our mid and lower back muscles. If you have a weak or overweight abdomen, the back muscles take the charge to support the middle area and in return, your lower back hurts a lot.
Strong abdominal muscles will also increase the endurance of your back and you will no more feel fatigued or lower back pain every day.
Bad posture is something that is responsible for back pains in women. With weak abdomens, you can’t stand without leaning on something or tilt while standing. The best Ab workouts for women can help you to get rid of the bad posture by building a strong abdominal system and you will be able to stand properly without hurting your back.
Increased functional strength
Do you find it hard to bend while mopping the floor? or is it difficult to pick up something from the ground? These signs indicate the not-so-strong core. With a weak core, our daily activities like bending, twisting, walking, sitting, etc. become a huge task for us and our daily activities become a burden on us.
The Best Ab exercises for women can help you to attain a stronger core that will enable you to carry out your daily activities without any pain or strain.
No more health issues
As per many studies, women with belly fat and weak abdominal muscles are likely to face serious health issues like cancer, cardiovascular issues, obesity, migraine, and dementia. But not to worry, We are providing you with the best Ab workout for women to help you attain a flat belly and a stronger core to kick away these diseases. The best Ab exercises for women reduce visceral fat that further help to reduce the risk of many diseases.
Best Ab Exercise for Women
Now, that you know the benefits of the best Ab workouts for women, it’s time to learn the 5 best AB exercises for women to get a stronger core and healthy- happy life.
1. Side Plank
The side plank is one of the best Ab workouts for women who want a strong core. You can also include this exercise in your daily routine like yoga, pilates, etc.
How to do
- Lie on your right with extended legs and stacked from hip to feet. The right elbow should be right under the shoulders. The Head should be in line with the spine. Align the left arm to the left side of the body.
- Draw your navel toward your spine while engaging your abdominal muscles.
- While exhaling, lift your hips and knees from the mat with a straight torso. Hold onto this position for at least 60 seconds.
- Breathe a few times and return to starting position. Repeat with the other side.
This is one of the best Ab exercises for women which helps to build balance and coordination. You will attain a good posture and a strong core. The muscles used are obliques, gluteus medius and gluteus maximus. No pressure on the lower back or neck.
Not to perform this exercise if there is any injury in the shoulder, elbow, ankle, or arm. Stop if you feel uncomfortable anytime.
2. Boat pose
Dreaming of a stronger core? The boat pose is the best Ab workout for women to achieve strong abdominal muscles. You can find it challenging in beginning but it is the best Ab exercises for women, so there is nothing wrong with taking up the challenge.
How to do
- Sit and bend your knees, put feet flat on the floor, grasp legs under the thighs, above your knees.
- Now, lean back slightly and lift your feet from the floor. Make sure to keep your shins parallel to the floor in this position.
- Stretch out your arms straight at shoulder height with your palm facing upwards.
- Keep knees bend for 30 seconds. Engage your abdominal muscles and lengthen your spine, keep your chest open.
- Bring feet back on the ground, take few breaths.
- Now, raise your legs straight toward the ceiling until you form a V shape. Try pulling abdominal muscles in deep and lengthen your spine.
It is the best Ab workouts for women to which targets the deep core including the transverse abdominis. This is very important for maintaining posture and alignment and a lean torso.
Pregnant women should not try this exercise or consult their doctor. In case of any uneasiness, stop immediately.
3. Alligator drag
Alligator drag is one of the best Ab workouts for women. For this, you need something which can slide easily across the floor. You can use a towel.
How to do
- Keep your feet on the towel and start with the plant position.
- Use your hands to walk forward and drag your lower body. Cover 10-20 yards like this.
- While moving forward, keep your core and glutes tights.
- Rest for few minutes and drag back.
These best Ab workouts for women will help you attain a stronger core and stability. It also combines movement and resistance. You might not get 6 pack abs but you will definitely get a good posture with strong Abdominal muscles.
Use something that can easily slide on the floor else you can get hurt. The floor should not be rough.
4. Scissor kicks – 250 words
Scissor kicks are among the best Ab workouts for women that can be performed for attaining a stronger core. These are also called flutter kicks.
How to do
- Lie on your back and extend your legs in front of you. The arms should be resting on your sides with palms facing downwards.
- Engage your core while pressing your lower back into the mat and tuck your pelvis. Maintain the posture during the whole exercise.
- Lift both the legs to 45 degrees.
- Relax your neck and tighten your core, lower your one leg to the floor and keep one upwards. This is where scissoring movements start.
- Keep doing these scissor kicks slowly.
- You can perform 2 sets of 12-20 scissor kicks.
These best Ab exercises for women engage your core muscles, glutes, quads, and adductors. This helps to maintain a stronger core. This does not involve your back muscles to work, only abdominal muscles are working on this exercise.
Perform the exercise slowly as your Abdominal muscles are at work this time. No need to rush. Use a good thick mat. Do not perform if you are pregnant.
Deadbug exercise is of the popular and the best Ab exercises for women to build core strength and stability. It protects the spine and builds a solid foundation.
How to do
- Lie down with your shoulder and lower back falling heavy on the floor.
- The shoulders should be drawn back and away from the ears.
- Lift your hands in such a way that your elbows are above your shoulders and fists facing each other.
- Lift your legs until your knees are directly above your hips.
- Exhale and slowly put your right arm and left leg on the floor.
- Exhale and bring them back upwards.
- Repeat on another side.
These best Ab workouts for women strengthen your back, core, and spine. It also improves posture. It is also the best Ab exercise for people with arthritis, older people who want to improve muscle functions, chronic pain, swimmers, and Parkinson’s disease.
Do not perform if you have injured arms or shoulder. Pregnant women must consult the doctor before performing this.
The above-explained exercises are the best Ab workouts for women but these do not ensure a flat belly. The regular practice of these best Ab exercises for women will gradually help you to attain a strong core and most of your health issues will be solved.
Be the first to comment